Unfortunately no. There is no migration path from rain’s 4G to 5G products or vice-versa. If you would like to subscribe to rain’s 5G service we suggest the following approach:
1. Check that you are in rain’s 5G coverage area by entering your address into the coverage map on rain’s homepage (www.rain.co.za). Scroll down to the section marked ‘check your coverage’ and enter the full physical address of where you will be using the 5G service.
2. Check to ensure that the location pin on the map matches – and that it is covered by a dark blue layer. (Dark Blue = 5G coverage, Light Blue = 4G coverage).
3. If you are within 5G coverage select your prefferred package. Make sure you review the product rules related to each by clicking on the ‘view’ button’.
4. Click the ‘buy’ button on the service you would like to order.
5. Upon successfully completing your online order your free-to-use router and SIM will be couriered to you. (Usually within 1-4 business days).
6. As with 4G you need to be present at the time of delivery in order to complete the RICA process, as required by law. Please ensure that you have:
a. A valid ID document; and
b. A valid proof of residence, not older than 3 months.
7. Activation of your service can take up to 24 hours from when you signed for your delivery.
8. Once you have successfully set up your 5G service you can cancel your 4G service if you no longer require it.