How do you get your order :
STEP 1: Your order gets sent to our warehouse.
STEP 2: It’s processed and assigned to a courier.
STEP 3: The courier then picks up your order from our warehouse.
STEP 4: Once your parcel has been picked up, the courier partner will send you an SMS with a reference number. If you haven’t received an SMS or email, then your order is still with us at the warehouse.
In the SMS you’ll receive:
- Your reference number to track your order
- Contact info for your courier
More on Sim Delivery
STEP 5: The courier will SMS you when they’re on their way. Please have your RICA docs on hand as only you can accept delivery of the parcel.
Deliveries can take up to 5 working days, but if there are lockdown travel restrictions in place, it may take longer.
How you get connected once you’ve received your SIM:
STEP 6: After a successful RICA, your SIM should be active within 2 hours of delivery but could take up to 24 hours in some cases. You will receive an SMS and email once your SIM is active. You can also check your ‘my rain’ page to find out whether it’s active or not.
STEP 7: If you’ve inserted your SIM into a 4G enabled mobile phone, your APN settings will be sent to that device. All you need to do is save and apply them. If you’ve inserted you’re SIM into a 4G enabled router (mobile or fixed) then you’ll need to setup your APN manually. Follow this link to get further instructions: APN settings setup
If your device doesn’t have signal, move it to a different part of the building until you find some.
If you have a Dual-SIM phone, make sure that your rain SIM is selected as the primary data SIM.
You also need to make sure that your MOBILE DATA is switched on.
How your billing works:
Let’s take an example. If you activated your SIM on the 20th of March 2020 and you chose:
- pay as you use plan - R50 a gig anytime - you will be charged for the data you used from 20 March 2020 to 31 March 2020. The charge against your card will run on 1 April 2020. If you used 2,5 GB, the charge will be R125 on 1 April 2020.
- Unlimited off peak plan - R250 per month for 19 hours of unlimited data - you will be charged for the peak data you used from 20 March 2020 to 31 March 2020 + a pro rata of the R250 (11/31* R250) . The charge against your card will run on 1 April 2020. If you used 0 GB in peak, the charge will be R88,71 on 1 April 2020.
- Unlimited 4G plan - R479 per month for unlimited data - The payment that was made upfront is credited against your account. Your bill on 1 April 2020 will be a pro rata of the R169,97 (11/31 * R479) but this will not be charged against your card because you have a credit of R479 already on your account. Your remaining credit on 1 April 2020 will be R479 - R169,97 = R309,03. For the next month i.e. 1 May 2020 , your bill will be R479 - R309,03 = 169,97. This will be charged against your card on 1 May 2020. On 1 June 2020, you will be charged R479 and every month thereafter.