rain will continue delivering SIM cards ordered online while complying with current government regulation during the lock down so that South Africans can continue to work from home, keep in touch with loved ones and keep up to date with the outside world. RAM, our delivery partner, could take longer than five days due to travel restrictions.
How do you get your order :
STEP 1: Your order gets sent to our warehouse.
STEP 2: Your order is processed at the warehouse so that it is ready for the courier to consign.
STEP 3: The courier picks up your order from our warehouse.
STEP 4: Once the courier receives the parcels at their warehouse, you will receive an SMS and email with these details. If you didn't receive an SMS or email then you order is still with the warehouse.
- Your waybill tracking number
- The link to the courier system to track your order and change your address, follow this link to get further instructions on this: https://support.rain.co.za/hc/en-us/articles/360002380518--Who-can-I-reach-out-to-regarding-delivery-of-my-SIM-
STEP 5: The courier will SMS you again on the morning of delivery. Please have your RICA docs on hand as only you can accept delivery of the parcel.
STEP 6: This entire process can take up to 5 business days but due to the lock down travel restrictions it may take longer.
Once you receive your SIM, how to get connected :
STEP 6: Your SIM will be active within 2 hours of successful delivery/RICA but this may take up to 24 hours in some cases. You will receive an SMS and email once your SIM is active, please look out for this. You can also check on your rain dashboard which will confirm that the SIM is active on your profile, post receiving the SMS.
STEP 7: Once your SIM is inserted into a 4G enabled device, if you are using a mobile phone then you will receive APN settings to your device which need to be saved and applied. If you are using a router (mobile or fixed) then you will need to setup your APN manually. Follow this link to get further instructions on this: https://support.rain.co.za/hc/en-us/articles/360006748798-My-Device-has-signal-but-I-cant-browse-the-internet-It-might-be-your-APN-settings
If you dont have signal bars on your device, then you need to move your device to a different location in the building until you have signal. If you have a Dual-SIM phone then you need to make sure that your rain SIM is selected as the primary data SIM. You also need to make sure that your MOBILE DATA is switched on.
How does my billing work :
For example if you have a SIM activated on the 20 March 2020 and you chose the:
- pay as you use plan - R50 a gig anytime - you will be charged for the data you used from 20 March 2020 to 31 March 2020. The charge against your card will run on 1 April 2020. If you used 2,5 GB, the charge will be R125 on 1 April 2020.
- Unlimited off peak plan - R250 per month for 19 hours of unlimited data - you will be charged for the peak data you used from 20 March 2020 to 31 March 2020 + a pro rata of the R250 (11/31* R250) . The charge against your card will run on 1 April 2020. If you used 0 GB in peak, the charge will be R88,71 on 1 April 2020.
- Unlimited 24/7 plan - R479 per month for unlimited data - The payment that was made upfront is credited against your account. Your bill on 1 April 2020 will be a pro rata of the R169,97 (11/31 * R479) but this will not be charged against your card because you have a credit of R479 already on your account. Your remaining credit on 1 April 2020 will be R479 - R169,97 = R309,03. For the next month i.e. 1 May 2020 , your bill will be R479 - R309,03 = 169,97. This will be charged against your card on 1 May 2020. On 1 June 2020, you will be charged R479 and every month thereafter.